Below you can see some of the videos, films, extracts from television programmes I’ve appeared in, mostly talking about my research. (One or two you have to watch on YouTube, but just click through.) In order, scrolling down:
- Europe Jazz Network COVID webinar series #1. ‘How long has this been going on?’ Jazz and health webinar, with other speakers inc. François Mattarasso and Francesco Martinelli. May 28 2020.
- ‘Prof George McKay talks about the impact of jazz festivals’ (2016; 6 mins).A short self-shot piece to camera, in my study, using a flipcam. Norwich, September 9 2016.
- Pop Music and the Disabled Body (2016; 60 mins). Film of inaugural professorial lecture. UEA, Norwich, March 8 2016.
- Communities, Academic research, Impact (2016; 66 mins). MeCCSA 2016 keynote plenary session, feat. George McKay, Claire Wallace, Leah Bassel, Kathryn Geels. Canterbury, January 8 2016.
- Carnivalising the Creative Economy: AHRC-funded Research on and with British Jazz Festivals (2014; 16 mins). Film made for the AHRC Creative Economy Showcase at King’s Place, London, March 12 2014.
- Shakin’ All Over: the author reading from the final section of the book (2014; 11 mins).
- AHRC Connected Communities Showcase, London (March 2013; 8 mins).
- ‘Festival, industry, place, community’: Live Music Exchange conference in Glamorgan, keynote lecture (2012; 62 mins).
- ‘Horti-countercultural politics’: dOCUMENTA 13 lecture (15 September 2012; 1 hour)
- ‘What next for culture, jazz and Europe?’ Extract from Rhythm Changes project discussion, Lancaster University (15 March 2012; 3 mins).
The film of my 2012 dOCUMENTA 13 lecture (image below) is here.